Background Check & Drug Test FAQ
How much does a background check or drug test cost?
- U.S. Comprehensive Background Check: $14.00
- U.S. Comprehensive Background Check – NY: $79.00
- Canadian Background Check: $0.00
- U.S. Virgin Islands Background Check: $55.00
- Puerto Rico Background Check: $40.00
- Northern Mariana Islands Background Check: $90.00
- American Samoa Background Check: $55.00
- Guam Background Check: $30.00
- (10) Panel Drug Test: $25.00
- Motor Vehicle Records: $8.00 (only available to US candidates)
- Credit Checks: $8.00 (only available to US candidates)
How long does it take to process and update my profile badge?
- Typically background checks are back within 2-7 business days for U.S., Canadian, Puerto Rican, and American Samoa providers. This can vary depending on the requirements to obtain your records through the local court system.
- Background checks conducted in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, or Guam typically take approximately 10-15 days.
- Drug Tests typically are updated within 1-2 business days after you visit the lab.
- Your profile will be automatically updated through our API within 24 hours of completion.
What information from my screenings are displayed on my profile?
- Once your screening is complete you will receive a "badge" on your profile, when a buyer hovers over the badge it will display the overview of what the screenings covered and the date you passed.
- We do not display non-compliant results, you simply will not receive a badge.
Does not having a background check or drug test, or failing one disqualify me from obtaining work?
- Choosing not to purchase a screening or having a non-compliant screening result does not disqualify you from using the Field Nation platform to continue requesting work.
- Some buyers have their own policies and/or requirements for all or some of their work, not having one or having a non-compliant result may disqualify you from that particular work but is at the discretion of each buyer.
Can Field Nation just hold the funds from my payment so I can place the order?
- Unfortunately at this time we do not have that ability, you will need to pay by credit or debit card through our portal with Checkr.
What happens if my drug test expires before I make it to the lab?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a new link to reschedule your drug test.
Did you find this article helpful?