Scope of Work Incomplete or Incorrect
In a circumstance in which a service provider has failed to complete a portion of the scope of work as required per the work order agreement, you as the buyer have the ability to mark the work order as incomplete. When you do this it not only tracks your request to the service provider in the work order messages, but it also alerts the service provider by email. Below are some tips to help you succeed in getting the issue resolved quickly as well as instructions on how to mark the work order incomplete.
- Be precise in your notations as to what is missing or incorrect so the service provider knows exactly what they need to do.
- Give a reasonable deadline to meet your requirements.
- Refer to your posted policies regarding your companies requirements to be paid.
- Refer the service provider to any previous requests you've already made for corrective action.
- Any additional communication with the service provider should be documented in the work order messages so we have record of them.
- Avoid using threats as this typically will prolong the amount of time it takes to resolve the matter.
- Don't approve the work order prior to ALL requirements being met as that indicates your acceptance of the completed work.
- Avoid getting into a battle with the service provider, if you need assistance with communicating information to the service provider you can contact Support by Reporting a Problem, or contact your Field Nation Account Representative.
- If a work order is in dispute between you and the service provider, do not reassign that particular work order. Follow these instructions to Copy a Work Order and publish it if you need to find a new service provider to complete any missed items.
How To in Elevate View:
- In the top left corner of the work order, click on the button that says Not Complete.
- Enter your message to the service provider as to what is needed.
- Click on Mark Incomplete button.
How To in Classic View:
- Towards the top right corner of the work order click on the Review It button.
- The screen will move to the bottom of the Approval & Payments tab. Click on the Tell Provider that the Work Order is incomplete button.
- In the popup fill in the box with your message to the service provider as to what is needed.
- Click the Mark Incomplete button.
Did you find this article helpful?