Insurance Claims & FAQ's

Q. Are providers required to have liability insurance?
                A. Field Nation has always required Service Providers to attest that they have certain minimum insurance coverage including $1,000,000 in General Liability.  We now require providers to show evidence of insurance by uploading a current, valid Certificate of Insurance.
Q. What is the Field Nation coverage?
                A. Field Nation General Liability insurance covers general liability and professional liability (errors & omissions) claims for (1) work orders performed through the Field Nation marketplace platform, and (2) where the provider does not have liability insurance.  This coverage  does not extend to any work that is not directly related to work orders assigned through the Field Nation marketplace platform.
Q.  What is General Liability Insurance?
                A. General Liability insurance protects a business (the service provider) from a variety of claims for bodily injury of others onsite, and/or or damage to someone else’s property that arise from their business operation.
Q. What is Professional Liability Insurance?
                A. Professional Liability insurance, also known as Errors & Omissions, is a form of liability insurance that protects professional advise or service providing businesses (the service providers) from claims made by a client (you or your customer) and damages awarded in the case of negligence or other potential errors.
Q. Why is Professional Liability Insurance important?
                A. A typical General Liability policy will only respond to a bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury claim, whereas various professional services and products can give rise to legal claims without and of the specific types of harm covered by General Liability policies. 
Q. Does Field Nation cover Worker’s Compensation claims?
                A. Field Nation’s insurance only covers General Liability and Professional Liabilities (Errors & Omissions).  We do not cover Worker’s Compensation Insurance or Claims.  All Field Nation service providers are 1099 contractors or service companies and are required to provide their own Worker’s Compensation coverage as per their local or state laws.
Q. A service provider has damaged equipment or parts while onsite, what do I do?
                A. Once the damage is confirmed you can go to the following link to File a Claim.  Once the form is complete Field Nation will be alerted and will being to review the situation for you.
Q. What do I need to file a claim?
                A. Typically we will need photos of the damage and/or a statement detailing the damages.  You will likely be asked to provider a copy of the receipt or invoice for any repairs and/or replacements.
Q. When can I file a claim?
                A. Claims should be filed within 30 days of the incident when the damage was caused.
Q. A provider has mine or my customer’s parts, can I file a claim on them?
                A. Missing parts are not covered as that would be considered theft or loss and would be a legal matter.  If this should come up you should start by reporting a problem within the work order.  We will assist you in the best manner we can to resolve the matter.
Q. What if the provider has their own insurance?
                A. You should first contact the provider to request a copy of their COI.  If they are unresponsive and/or do not provide a copy to you, you can reach out to support by reporting a problem within the work order so they may assist you with confirming and/or obtaining a copy.  Once you have the COI you can proceed to file a claim with the providers insurance company directly.  If you are unable to do so for any reason you may still File a Claim through our site and we will attempt to ensure you are covered.

***We reserve the right to change these policies, procedures, and/or coverages at any time without notification.***

Did you find this article helpful?